Hospital Revenue Cycle Executive
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Team: Four direct reports, 600-plus employees
Duration: Approximately 6 months, or until national search is completed
Location: Northeast, large metropolitan area
Summary: Our client is looking for a talented Revenue Cycle executive to fill an interim need. This position develops Revenue Cycle strategies under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, and in collaboration with the hospital leadership. This position directs all front-end and back-end business functions associated with the hospital revenue cycle.
Responsible to develop revenue cycle financial plans, goals and objectives to support financial goals and annual plan commitments. Works in collaboration across the Medical Center to improve performance, increase provider satisfaction with revenue cycle and improve the patient and family experience.
- Leads Revenue Cycle strategic plan objectives and operational goal setting and execution through departmental leadership including Patient Access, Financial Counseling, Financial Clearance, Self-Pay Eligibility & Disability, Integrated Health Information Management, Hospital & Physician Coding, Integrated Hospital and Physician Claims and Self-Pay Collections, Customer Service & Revenue Cycle Enhancement, including the PMO, Systems, and Revenue Cycle Training and performance monitoring.
- Directs, in a dyad relationship, Hospital & Physician Documentation Integrity.
- Develops revenue cycle budgets, financial plans, Revenue Cycle annual plan and goals and objectives to support Medical Center financial goals and annual plan commitments.
- Establishes priorities for consistent and sustainable Revenue Cycle improvement activities as well as establishes performance metrics and dashboards that support performance measurement and departmental analytics
- Develops and oversees the implementation of RCM practices/policies and procedures as a result of new laws and regulations that impact the Revenue Cycle as appropriate.
- Lead efforts in collaboration with EHR to optimize Medical Center’s use of Epic.
- Lead efforts across Medical Center to improve performance, increase provider satisfaction and improve patient and Family experience, as it relates to revenue cycle.
- Responsible for compliance with all applicable billing regulations including State and Federal, including Affordable Care Act, and Medical Center Admissions and Treatment Policy.
- Coordinate with Compliance Officer, Finance and other hospital staff to resolve Charge compliance issues and improve charge capture accuracy in a timely manner.
- Provide revenue cycle leadership on committees and special projects as assigned, including Revenue Cycle Steering, and Physician Revenue Cycle Advisory Committee.
- Develops Revenue Cycle leadership bench strength and creates appropriate succession plans to ensure that seamless transitions within revenue cycle management are in place.
- Master’s degree strongly preferred
- Ten years of financial management experience, including hospital and physician billing revenue management or reimbursement.
- 5 years of leadership experience managing high performing management teams
- Physician Coding and Documentation Experience
- Leadership experience that includes successful experience applying business principles, including systems thinking, to the healthcare environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior leadership teams, physicians, governance and external regulatory authorities.
- Ability to interact and educate physicians on intricacies of Physician Interactions and Coding Education Billing
- Proven, successful, progressively responsible leadership, management and execution experience, including the ability to create a shared vision and successfully manage change to attain Medical Center’s strategic goals and performance objectives
- Exhibits a strong presence of command
- Possesses a deep understanding of the healthcare system and the environment in which healthcare managers and providers function.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong performance integrating strategic/tactical operating plans
- Holds management teams accountable for their team results
- Skilled at championing efforts that increase productivity and goal accomplishment throughout Medical Center. Ability to meet deadlines and deliver results.
- Strategic thinking, leadership and strong relationship management
- Ability to build and develop strong and diverse leadership teams
- Flexibility to adapt to changes/challenges in organizational strategy, priorities, direction and overcome resistance to change.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and negotiate with people at all levels.
- Excellent organizational, time management, prioritization and delivery skills
- Ability to develop and implement process improvements, preferably using Lean or Six Sigma methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience with Epic is strongly desired
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Contact: To express interest in the opportunity, submit a chronological resume and cover letter with Hospital Revenue Cycle Executive in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org . No calls please.